Great article - Consider Paint before Listing your Home!There are a lot of costs to consider when turning a run-down house into a beautiful new home again. What if we tell you, that something
Use a Realtor ® when Looking at New Homes
New Home Builders
If you haven’t noticed, the homebuilders are busy building a lot of new homes around our area. Many home buyers are tired of being outbid time and again on existing inventory homes and have started looking towards the local builders to provide them with a new home to take advantage of these historic low interest rates. I have been a proponent of this trend and have recently helped several clients purchase homes from new homebuilders. While the majority of these builders have sales offices with knowledgeable sales people that will show you the builder’s lots and floor plans, I encourage you to first find a local Real Estate Professional like Teresa and myself to help guide you through the new home buying experience. Why you ask?
- The services of an independent Realtor are completely FREE and are paid by the builder when the house closes escrow. Yes, my favorite four letters F-R-E-E. There is one exception of course, and that is you must bring your Real Estate Agent with you when you first visit the home builder’s site.
- Your Realtor will have inside knowledge about all the builders in that area. There are several dozens of different new homebuilders that you can choose from in Washoe County.
- Your Realtor should be able to use their past experience to help you make important decisions about which lot, which model, and upgrades to select for your new home.
- Your Realtor can often negotiate you a better deal. While the tight inventory has made it tougher to negotiate better deals with builders, it is not uncommon for a seasoned Realtor to negotiate a few upgrades into the base price of the house.
- Your Realtor can guide you through the homebuilder’s contract and make sure you understand everything in the contact before you sign anything.
Ken Angst, Reno Area Real Estate Report, July 2018
Kenneth Angst embodies hard work, high energy, honesty, and elite service marketing throughout your real estate transaction. Born and raised in Northern Nevada, Ken is a proud native Nevadan. He has ....